Monday, May 2, 2011

Some extra time and a black cake

I seem to have some extra time on my hands so why not write another post?

We're having our own little Easter dinner tonight. We were supposed to have it yesterday, but Mom and I weren't feeling well so it's today. Mom had a place she needed to go to, and gave me a little list on a piece of paper of things that I should do for the dinner while she's gone. She wrote it in large writing, and I told her I would keep the paper with me at all times. My head's been in the clouds the last couple weeks when it comes to remembering things like that. I used to be good at remembering things like putting of coffee, ect. but lately I haven't. Or, if I do remember, then something happens, like putting the coffee pot in the thing a little sideways so coffee grounds go all over. Twice. The last few times Dad just got it ready so all I have to do is flip a switch. Did I remember? No. Let's hope things go better this time.....

Well Osama Bin Laden is dead, front page news today. " Ezekiel 33:11- ..."I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked; I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live" is my view on it.

Wrote back to my Grandma today, and got a letter from one of my penpals. :D Good day.

Few days ago I made a chocolate cake, the cake part turned out fine but the frosting is another story. I hadn't made the recipe before, and misunderstood the directions so that didn't turn out. And I also almost ruined a pot, that has never happened before. In trying to resurrect it we boiled it and it wasn't meant to get that hot. After that I made the "No Fail Chocolate Frosting" and sure enough, it didn't fail me. :-) The project turned out divine if I don't say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment