Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Llamas and Hotpads

A few days ago I went through my fabric stash and came up with all the little bits (less than 10'' long) and cut them into 2 1/2, 5 and 7 1/2 inch incraments. Started sewing them into hotpads to be sold at the shop. The first few went fine enough, but then I entered into the difficult ones. This is when I entered into the U.T.W.C.G.V.B.W. (Urge to Throw a Waterford Crystal Glass Vase at a Brick Wall) syndrom. Or bang my head against the brick wall or perhaps just throw my hands up and laugh with fustration. Anyway, I took a break and decided that some of them will be ripped out and re-designed.

During this time I got a call from my sister wondering if I would like to go to the zoo with her and the girls. Of course I said yes and we all had a great time. (wish I had bought along my camera!) We went to the petting zoo and the llama was awesome. We walked around for a bit and the girls loved the animals. The tiger was stalking about when we saw him and he came right up to the window, much to our delight.

The ride home was fine right up to the end. Isabelle was complaining that her stomach hurt and the seatbelt was too tight but otherwise was content. Morgan on the other hand looked as though she would fall asleep except at the end when she got carsick, poor dear. She is doing fine now, splashing around in the tub.

( I wonder if my parents would notice if we suddenly had a llama strutting about in the back yard...)

No comments:

Post a Comment